The Current Waiting Child Crisis Of Our Day
~Worldwide, an estimated 133 million children have lost one or both parents.
~Every 2.2 seconds a child loses a parent somewhere in the world.
~Every day 5,760 more children in the world become orphans.
~By 2015 it is projected that there will be 400 million orphaned children worldwide.
~HIV/AIDS alone has orphaned 15 million children, most of them in Sub-Saharan Africa.
~In developing countries, more than one third of all children live in poverty.
~In the countries of Central Asia, and Central/Eastern Europe, 1.3 million children live in institutional care.
~Millions of children all over the world have to cope with domestic violence - be it neglect, physical or mental punishment, emotional or sexual abuse.
~Millions of children are refugees, asylum seekers, stateless and internally displaced by conflict, violations of their human rights, and natural disasters.
~Only 60% of children of secondary school age currently attend a secondary or higher school. The remaining 40% either attend a primary school or do not go to school at all.